White Rock, British Columbia, CA
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. Innovative and customer-focused, we’re not your parent’s insurance company.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Product Manager to join our team in South Surrey, BC.
As Product Manager you will manage existing products and services, as well as create and integrate new products and services throughout the GroupHEALTH lines of business. More specifically, you will oversee the product development and launch process, and be responsible for ongoing improvements and enhancements to our products and services. You will ensure that all components of the organization are fully prepared to launch and support the new products and deliver a “WOW!” experience to our clients.
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering the “WOW!” factor daily (while enjoying weekly yoga stretches, lunchtime walks, 26 long weekends a year, and lots of cake!), your Key Responsibilities are to:
- Conduct market analysis to identify market opportunities for new and innovative products and/or enhance existing products to grow market share
- Conduct competitive analysis and develop tools and programs to ensure GroupHEALTH staff fully understands competitive landscape and understand the strengths and weaknesses of the GroupHEALTH products
- Coordinate the development of new products and services. Includes managing product development process, project management of launch process, and product support process
- Identify the business and operational requirements based upon the business requirements & objectives of each product.
- Provide the sales and services teams, including business partners, with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell and support the products and services. This includes developing and delivering product training, coordinating development of marketing materials and tools, and ensuring internal support readiness
- Act as point of reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues to address any issues that may arise
- Assist with development of annual sales forecast development and product line profitability analysis
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team to develop product line marketing initiatives
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal organizations including; IT, Sales, Client Services, Marketing, Finance & Operations to ensure maximum product profitability and excellent client service experience
Within the first 3 months:
- Learn the existing GroupHEALTH Products and Services and distribution model
- Develop key performance indicators (revenue/members/etc.) and reporting tools/processes for the various products and services to establish current baselines
- Review existing product marketing content to assess its fit to the products and market
- Complete online Group Insurance training program (CEBS) (If not already certified)
- Complete GroupHEALTH “Partner Bootcamp” certification program
- Complete online Microsoft CRM training program
Within the first 6 months:
- Complete in depth market review and develop competitive analysis report
- Complete in depth internal product and profitability analysis
- Develop 24-month go-to-market strategy for products
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team, review and update all product marketing content
Within the first 12 months:
- Demonstrate increased market share and penetration for key products (based on agreed upon targets)
- Incorporate product management process across all divisions of the GroupHEALTH family of companies
- Execute product launches as per the developed strategy
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand our clients’ problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with the appropriate counterparts to define product requirements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or equivalent
- 7 to 10 years experience in the Group Insurance industry in customer-focused roles
- Two to five years experience in marketing/product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferred with an established track record of successful product development and launch
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials
- Strong computer skills
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment,
we also offer:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent benefits plan
- flex time
- education assistance
- participation in our Fortnight program
- access to our Group RRSP plan
< < Back