Vice President, Sales
White Rock, British Columbia, CA
|Profession||Sales-New Business Development|
|Job Type(s)||Permanent, Full Time|
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing, full-service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. Innovative and customer-focused, we’re not your parent’s insurance company.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Vice President, Sales to join our team in White Rock, BC. The VP of Sales is responsible for promoting GroupHEALTH’s Value Proposition and our Products & Services by gaining a clear understanding of our offerings in order to train and interface with our New Business Development Team, Association Managers, and Business Development Managers, to achieve increased sales.
- Successful completion of our Sales Training Program (including testing)
- Successful adoption of our Activity Based Management system
- Strong business acumen
- Sales management and Group Benefits experience
- Motivational leader
- Curious & Intelligent with ability to ask engaging questions
- Ability to handle conflict with strong problem resolution skills
- Learner mindset
- Ability to travel extensively
- Ambitious with a strong desire to “be the best”
Education & Experience
- University or College Degree / Insurance Licensed
- Understanding of Brokerage Business
- Group Benefits background and knowledge
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to hire A Players . Sources, selects, and sells A Players to join a company
- Ability to Develop People. Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepare them for future roles
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company. Works to find solutions to help mitigate potential issues.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
- a competitive salary and aggressive commission schedule
- an excellent benefits plan
- flex time
- monthly car allowance
- entertainment budget
- education assistance
- access to our Group RRSP plan
At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents. We promote an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, supported, developed and rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on an exceptional team made up of individuals that consistently exceed our client’s expectations. A focus on innovation, cost containment and outstanding customer service are embedded in the fabric of our organization.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
< < Back